Coronavirus Safety Measures
At ERL, the safety and well-being of all our Owners/Occupiers, visitors and staff is of paramount importance to us. To this end, various measures have been in place throughout the pandemic and continue to be followed for everyone’s protection.
Our Business Continuity Plans have always included procedures on controlling outbreaks of infectious diseases. These procedures have been expanded to embrace the Government’s and other authorities’ Covid-specific guidance, and all staff have been trained accordingly.
The ways in which we aim to ensure everyone is kept safe include:
- Controlling access to the villages; all visitors are required to have their temperature taken and complete Track and Trace.
- Reducing the need for deliveries to the residential buildings by having a central deposit areas for prescriptions and other goods.
- Allowing as much fresh air as possible to pass through communal areas (and encouraging our Owners/Occupiers to do the same).
- Increasing the cleaning schedules for the communal areas and, now they are reopened, the hospitality facilities.
- Providing continual supplies of hand-sanitisers and PPE for our team members.
- Operating our restaurants on booking systems, keeping to the rule of six or two households, with tables two metres apart, where possible, and one metre+ when not.
- Having full table service in our restaurants, bars and lounges, with staff wearing face masks and distancing themselves as much as possible from tables.
- Requiring Owners/Occupiers to wear face masks in all hospitality settings when not seated at tables.
- Carrying out additional cleaning to Guest Suites once family and friends have departed.
- Operating our salons strictly by appointment, with staff wearing full PPE.
- Ensuring our General Assistants wear full PPE when carrying out weekly service cleans for Owners/Occupiers.
- Conducting viewings by appointment only, with our sales teams following a specific procedure before, during and after visits.
- Encouraging everyone to practise social-distancing at all times.
We keep all these measures under constant review and update them as necessary. Of course, we hope that, in due course, they will no longer be necessary, but we will remain vigilant for as long as it takes.